UX/UI Product Design Lead Leamington Spa £50 – 70k + benefits Ref: WD134
Green Shoots Recruitment Ltd is looking for a Product Design Lead, who is a hands-on design generalist with expert skills in UX and UI design, and fundamental skills in user research and service design. The design team is small but growing and you will be core to that expansion, being a design evangelist, mentor and leader. This is a new role, so an exciting opportunity for someone to use their freedom to come in to help grow the role and the design offering internally.
As UX UI Designer you are:
- A brilliant and accomplished designer with proven experience working on things that exist in the real world
- Someone that enjoys being hands on. they believe lead designers shouldn’t be separated from the reality of making things
- Comfortable, confident and competent at managing and directing individuals and teams
- Able to frame and communicate challenges and opportunities to others, and create alignment on a way forward
- A natural and inclusive collaborator who can speak to a range of professionals from different backgrounds
- Well versed in conducting research, creating and validating ideas, creating prototypes and making confident recommendations
- Someone who takes a wide strategic view of problems, seeking multiple inputs and solutions and challenge the thinking of the teams you work with
- Able to understand progressive ways of working to drive both commercial and design value and have the ability to simplify complexity
- Experienced and confident in visualising and prototyping concepts fast to communicate ideas.
- Someone who gives and receives quality feedback in equal measures
- Comfortable with experimentation and clear understanding when to experiment and where to use defined solutions
- A natural storyteller and presenter
As a impressive Designer you must have:
- Veteran-level design experience with plenty of years under your belt, deep knowledge and expertise in user experience, research and product design
- A portfolio of beautifully crafted mobile and web interfaces
- Impeccable knowledge of design tools and workflows
- Proficiency in, and examples of, how you resolve difficult design challenges, as well as leadership, support, mentoring and working closely with other designers.
- Experience in being involved in projects that have not always followed the status quo, and can demonstrate times you have challenged dominant design perspectives and broken new ground where traditional design paradigms didn’t make sense
- An exceptional understanding of how behaviour and context impacts design
- The ability to multitask and contribute to more than one project at once
- A clear written and verbal communication style
- Successful stories about how you have helped others to develop, both in their craft and soft skills
Benefits for the successful UI/UX Designer
A competitive package, including but not limited to, company-wide bonus scheme, company pension, life assurance, employer paid dental/health cash plan, individual training budget and 25 days holiday (with the option to purchase an additional 5 days). We also promote flexible working days and encourage a healthy work/life balance.
Please include links to your portfolio with your CV.
Look forward to hearing from you
If this role is not right for you and you have similar skills and experience, please get in touch, as we are always getting in new digital, on-line and technical Job roles.
Green Shoots Recruitment Ltd is a Digital, Creative and Marketing Recruitment Specialist covering the West and East Midlands.
The company is based on a solid foundation of 20 years of creative recruitment experience and are able to provide solutions for digital, marketing, creative and executive jobs across Birmingham and the West Midlands. Filling a selection of Digital, Front End Developers, Back End Developers, Web Coders, PHP Developers, Magento Developers, Wordpress Developers, Digital Creative Digital Marketing, Digital Sales & Digital Executive jobs at all levels in the West Midlands and East Midlands areas. Including; Birmingham, Cheltenham, Cotswolds, Coventry, Derbyshire, Dudley, Evesham, Gloucestershire, Hereford, Kidderminister, Leamington Spa, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Shropshire, Solihull, Staffordshire, Stratford Upon Avon, Stourbridge, Stourport, Walsall, Warwick, Warwickshire, Worcester Worcestershire, Wolverhampton and surrounding areas.