Web Developer Shrewsbury £30 – 35k DOE Ref: WD130
Calling all… PHP Developers
Green Shoots Recruitment Ltd is looking for a Web Developer who would be responsible for working on back-end (and to a lesser extent, front-end) programming. Your primary focus will be development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of any associated databases, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. An understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
We work with the PHP language, and primarily with the WordPress content management platform as well as our own “legacy” bespoke applications. You will therefore need to be comfortable with developing quality code for WordPress systems, as well as handling issues and maintenance for WordPress and our own systems.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Building of WordPress plugins and theme elements, and integrating with existing plugins
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Assisting with implementation of technical SEO practices
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Basic server maintenance and management
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient knowledge of PHP, WordPress and (ideally) other platforms, e.g. Magento
- Proficient at understanding and maintaining other developers’ code
- Proficient understanding of git version control
- Proficient with MySQL and database design principles
- Proficient understanding of web accessibility guidelines
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Proficient knowledge of integrating with REST and SOAP APIs, and general API concepts
- Knowledge of best practice for user authentication and authorisation between multiple systems
- Knowledge of technical SEO best practices and how to implement them would be beneficial
- Management of WHM/cPanel hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
The right person will be professional, confident, a team player and personable - knowing when to listen and when to offer advice. You will be extremely well organised with excellent attention to detail, a natural multi-tasker that works equally well on your own, as well as within a team - whilst enjoying a happy team environment.
The company are looking to appoint someone as soon as possible, where you will work alongside the IT Director managing and developing knowledge of their clients and work process.
Look forward to hearing from you
If this role is not right for you and you have similar skills and experience, please get in touch, as we are always getting in new digital, on-line and technical Job roles.
Green Shoots Recruitment Ltd is a Digital, Creative and Marketing Recruitment Specialist covering the West and East Midlands.
The company is based on a solid foundation of 20 years of creative recruitment experience and are able to provide solutions for digital, marketing, creative and executive jobs across Birmingham and the West Midlands. Filling a selection of Digital, Front End Developers, Back End Developers, Web Coders, PHP Developers, Magento Developers, Wordpress Developers, Digital Creative Digital Marketing, Digital Sales & Digital Executive jobs at all levels in the West Midlands and East Midlands areas. Including; Birmingham, Cheltenham, Cotswolds, Coventry, Derbyshire, Dudley, Evesham, Gloucestershire, Hereford, Kidderminister, Leamington Spa, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Shropshire, Solihull, Staffordshire, Stratford Upon Avon, Stourbridge, Stourport, Walsall, Warwick, Warwickshire, Worcester Worcestershire, Wolverhampton and surrounding areas.