Web Developer/Designer Warwickshire £35k Ref: GD233
Green Shoots Recruitment Ltd are looking for a talented Web Designer and Front-end Developer to work on website, app and related products, and overall digital presence.
They want to give their audiences across the world the best possible experience online, whatever platform they find then on. The most recent iteration of our website is relatively new and is being continually developed using Agile processes. They also have a new app and several other related digital products that need maintenance, iterative changes and occasional redesign when user research indicates it is necessary.
You will be a skilled and proficient web designer who is also a highly competent front-end developer. You will have a good understanding of user journeys and experience for large-scale e-commerce websites and web apps, designing templates and modules for media rich web pages, and extensive experience of delivering state of the art responsive design. Previous experience with app design is also a bonus. You will be confident doing user research, prototyping, wire-framing, and will have demonstrable experience in Agile environments.
Work with a talented team you will design and develop necessary digital features that will maintain and develop their world class website.
You will plan, create and code templates and modules for the responsive site. You will be involved in both the technical and graphical aspects of templates and pages, producing the look of the website and helping to determine how it works. You will design and code frontend features for our app and related products.
- Working with the UX manager, developers and content teams to ensure the best experience for our audiences
- Create new features for the website in response to user feedback and research, and also internal stakeholder requests
- Actively seek to improve the website functionality and user experience
- Working with the software development team, who remain responsible for all backend coding, and adhering to the company coding standards and source control policies, and assisting in the technical support of the website.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the development standards of the Application Delivery team
- Ensuring they meet relevant legal and desirable requirements, such as accessibility, freedom of information, security and privacy standards, both European and worldwide
- Ensuring the digital platforms are in line with company branding policy and internal client requirements
- Working with content managers and creators, where necessary, to provide guidance on best practices as they produce content.
- Liaising with outside agencies where necessary
- Play a key role in usability and user testing, user research and workshops.
- Training internal staff, where necessary
- Researching and being on top of current design trends
- Developing working methods with UX and IT teams that ensure that there are no bottlenecks in our digital delivery processes
- Collaborative attitude
- At least 3+ years experience in creative web design and development
- Proven and demonstrable experience of working on responsive design on major complex sites
- An eye for detail but possessed of an ability to see the bigger picture
- Creative flair and excellent digital design skills - with a portfolio to match
- Confidence presenting and explaining your work at all stages of the design process, from workshops to wireframes, and prototypes to finalised HTML, to a variety of internal clients across the business
- Knowledge and experience of modern front-end development technologies such as SCSS/SASS, Git, npm, grunt.js etc
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch
- Excellent communication skills and strong team working with diverse stakeholders
- The ability to prioritise work and delegate as appropriate
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience in app design
Look forward to hearing from you
If this role is not quite right for you and you have similar skills and experience, please get in touch, as we are always getting new Designer, Digital Designer, Online Designer, Front End Designer, Email Designer, Graphic Designer, Creative Artworker and Artworker roles in.
Green Shoots Recruitment Ltd is a Creative, Design, Marketing and Digital Recruitment Specialist covering the West Midlands and East Midlands.
The company is based on a solid foundation of 20 years of creative recruitment experience and are able to provide solutions for job seekers looking for a new career in Design, Digital Design, Graphic Design, Front End Design, App Design, Email Design, Animation Design, Video Design. We have roles in Creative Marketing and Digital Agencies along side filling roles with companies directly. We also recruit for Developers and Coders, Marketing, Account Handling, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, SEO positions, PPC job roles Marketing Strategist, Marketing Communications including Content writing, creative marketing, digital, executive and sales jobs across Birmingham and the West Midlands. Filling a selection of Marketing, Communication, Creative, Digital, Marketing, Sales & Executive jobs at all levels in the West Midlands and East Midlands areas. Including; Birmingham, Cheltenham, Cotswolds, Coventry, Derbyshire, Dudley, Evesham, Gloucestershire, Hereford, Kidderminister, Leamington Spa, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Shropshire, Solihull, Staffordshire, Stratford Upon Avon, Stourbridge, Stourport, Walsall, Warwick, Warwickshire, Worcester Worcestershire, Wolverhampton and surrounding areas.