Product Database Manager Contract for 12 to 18 months Banbury £35 - 42k DOE Ref: AH331
Green Shoots Recruitment Ltd is looking for an experienced Product Database Manager reporting directly to the Group IT Manager. It is expected that the Product Database Manager, will be great communicator, as the role entails managing a small team of developers on a daily basis, in the upkeep and improvement of the company’s internal Product Development Database. You will need to liaise regularly with other departments to help them identify requirements, acting as the point of contact between the business and the development team. This role does not require the Product Database Manager to be a hands-on programmer; however it is essential that you have a good understanding of SQL and PHP Programming language (LAMP) and a couple of years managing people with these skills
Main Responsibilities for the Product Database Manager
- Manage the Internal developers on a day- to day basis.
- Liaise with staff to discuss changes to the Product Development Database to achieve requirements.
- Write specifications for change and obtain ‘sign-off’ before any work is passed to development.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of any written documentation required relating to the Product Database, including system, user manuals and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Identify areas of the Product Database for improvement.
- Testing of the Product Database changes before release
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Run user group sessions with users of the Product Database to discuss large changes and show off new functionality.
- Identify training for staff where required.
- Prepare regular reports of activities and presentations for the Group IT Manager.
- Be available for occasional out of hours work.
- From time to time any other reasonable duties as may be reasonably requested by the Line Manager.
- The position carries the responsibility for carrying out all duties to the required standard as indicated by the Line Manager and professional codes of conduct and regulations.
Qualifications and Key Skills expected in the successful Product Database Manager:
- Ideally minimum 2 years’ experience managing developers
- Experience seeing a development project through from specification to delivery
- Good understanding of development platforms and relational databases
- Great team player with a positive attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Exposure and knowledge of SQL and PHP Programming language (LAMP)
- Education level, preferred university degree in computer related area.
Look forward to hearing from you
If this role is not quite right for you and you have similar skills and experience, please get in touch, as we are always getting new marketing, digital marketing, account handling, marketing communications, Events, Copywriters and PR Job roles in.
Green Shoots Recruitment Ltd is a Marketing, Account Manager, Digital Marketing, Marketing Communications, Marketing Strategy, Creative and Digital Recruitment Specialist covering the West Midlands and East Midlands.
The company is based on a solid foundation of 20 years of creative recruitment experience and are able to provide solutions for job seekers looking for a new career in Marketing, Account Handling, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, SEO positions, PPC job roles Marketing Strategist, Marketing Communications including Content writing, creative marketing, digital, executive and sales jobs across Birmingham and the West Midlands. Filling a selection of Marketing, Communication, Creative, Digital, Marketing, Sales & Executive jobs at all levels in the West Midlands and East Midlands areas. Including; Birmingham, Cheltenham, Cotswolds, Coventry, Derbyshire, Dudley, Evesham, Gloucestershire, Hereford, Kidderminister, Leamington Spa, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Shropshire, Solihull, Staffordshire, Stratford Upon Avon, Stourbridge, Stourport, Walsall, Warwick, Warwickshire, Worcester Worcestershire, Wolverhampton and surrounding areas.