Marketing Content Editor Banbury £25 – 28k Ref: AH341
Green Shoots Recruitment Ltd is looking for a marketing content editor, who enjoys writing and editing creative and engaging copy. As an engaging writer you will be responsible for producing a schedule of content to both B2B and B2C audiences across several homeware brands. These will include blog articles, social media posts, and product descriptions for the website and catalogues.
We are looking for a marketing professional with a proven track record of written communication for marketing or editorial. Solid grammar and vocabulary skills, the ability to write in different styles, and an enthusiasm for homeware and interiors are essential. Candidates will need the ability not only to write good copy, but identify the marketing interests of different audiences, research topics and put together a schedule of content which will engage specific groups. Having an interest and appreciation for interior design is essential.
You will be working in a diverse marketing team and this is an exciting opportunity to grow new skills including; strategic marketing, brand development, art direction, graphic design, and project management. The company culture is quality-driven and they are looking for candidates who will value their customers as much as they do and are ready to take the initiative and make a positive difference. In return, they have a friendly professional workplace which is supportive and champions skills growth, wellbeing and a work-life balance.
Marketing Content Editor Responsibilities:
- Learning about our customers and identifying the content that will matter most to them
- Working with the Marketing & Communications Manager to produce a quarterly schedule of content across several brands
- Researching and writing high-quality articles for the websites, uploading via CMS
- Helping to write product descriptions in collaboration with the product development team
- Writing marketing copy for catalogues, presentations and trade show guides
- Producing content for social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest) across several brands
- Monitoring social media accounts and responding to enquiries
- From time to time any other reasonable duties as may be reasonably requested by the Line Manager
- The position carries the responsibility for carrying out all duties to the required standard as indicated by the Line Manager and professional codes of conduct and regulations
Marketing Content Editor Requirements:
- A degree-level education is preferable but not essential; however all candidates will need to demonstrate skills in identifying themes, structured writing and complete a short-written test
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and CMS systems
- Database and information management skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and image management
- The ability to organise a varied work-load and meet deadlines
- At least 2 years’ experience in a marketing role
- A keen interest in design, homeware and interiors is essential
If you have a genuine interest in design, homeware and interiors this role will suit if you have a background as a Marketing Content Editor, Copywriter, Marketer with lots of writing experience or a journalist who has written for this sector.
Look forward to hearing from you
If this role is not quite right for you and you have similar skills and experience, please get in touch, as we are always getting new marketing, digital marketing, account handling, marketing communications, Events, Copywriters and PR Job roles in.
Green Shoots Recruitment Ltd is a Marketing, Account Manager, Digital Marketing, Marketing Communications, Marketing Strategy, Creative and Digital Recruitment Specialist covering the West Midlands and East Midlands.
The company is based on a solid foundation of 20 years of creative recruitment experience and are able to provide solutions for job seekers looking for a new career in Marketing, Account Handling, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, SEO positions, PPC job roles Marketing Strategist, Marketing Communications including Content writing, creative marketing, digital, executive and sales jobs across Birmingham and the West Midlands. Filling a selection of Marketing, Communication, Creative, Digital, Marketing, Sales & Executive jobs at all levels in the West Midlands and East Midlands areas. Including; Birmingham, Cheltenham, Cotswolds, Coventry, Derbyshire, Dudley, Evesham, Gloucestershire, Hereford, Kidderminister, Leamington Spa, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Shropshire, Solihull, Staffordshire, Stratford Upon Avon, Stourbridge, Stourport, Walsall, Warwick, Warwickshire, Worcester Worcestershire, Wolverhampton and surrounding areas.